This is sub-site #1 to my DVD News Flash blog. Here you’ll find nothing but DVD and Blu-ray reviews of upcoming movies only. I also have a second sub-site for all my “other” reviews. I call these, ‘For-The-Hell-Of-It’ Reviews.
What’s a ‘for-the-hell-of-it review’?
It’s a review of any DVD that has been in release for some time and/or has gone out of print. Movies that I already own, have owned for years in some cases, but have a sudden yen to talk about. You know, reviews I’ve done just for the hell of it.
The 1978 TV Movie!
Streets 11/1 On DVD only!
UMBRELLA ENTERTAINMENT VIA VISION ENTERTAINMENT
STREETS NOVEMBER 2 STREETS DECEMBER 7
THE BLOB (Extras):
- Directing The Blob – All new Interview featurette with Chuck Russell
- The Blob (1988) Original Theatrical Trailer
THE FLY ULTIMATE COLLECTION (Extras):
The Fly (1958)
- Audio Commentary with actor David Hedsion and historian David Del Valle
- Extras:”Biography: Vincent Price” documentary (44:03)
- “Fly Trap – Catching a Classic” featurette (11:30)
- Fox Movietone News (0:54)
- Theatrical Trailer (1:59)
The FLY (1986)
- Audio commentary with director/co-writer David Cronenberg
- Fear of the Flesh: The Making of The Fly” – documentary:
- The Brundle Museum of Natural History”
- 4 Deleted Scenes
- 2 Extended Scenes (you can use the optional “”red box”” around the parts that were excised):
- Written work:
- Film Tests (visual effects)
The FLY II (1989)
- Audio commentary by director Chris Walas and film historian/archivist Bob Burns
- Deleted scene (1,5 min)
- Alternate “houseboat” ending (1 min)
- Trailers: “The Fly (1989)”, “The Fly (1958)”, “Return of the Fly (1958)”, “Aliens”, and “The Omen”
- The Fly Papers: The Buzz on Hollywood’s Scariest Insect”
- -documentary (of all “The Fly”-films – 60 min)
- “Transformations: Looking Back at The Fly II” -featurette
- “CWI Video Production Journal”-featurette (15 min)
- “Composer’s Master Class: Christopher Young” -featurette (13 min)
- “Original theatrical EPK” -featurette (5 min)
- “Storyboard to Film”
- -comparisons of 3 scenes (with optional audio commentary by director Chris Walas)